RECAP: A 360° Look at My Year




This picture pretty much sums up a journey that started on October 2011 for me.

It is eerie though, since it doesn't really feel like me, like my body. The more I look at this picture the more I feel I am looking at someone else's life. I think this has to do with the fact that there is a disconnect between what I see and how I feel about this experience.

This image is a full rotation of the mandatory poses for the Figure Model Category which is characterized by symmetry, elegance and beauty.

What I see here is an image of stone-like power and happiness in an effortless way. However, what I feel inside as I see this picture is a turmoil of emotions, some of which are pain that remind me of some of the things that I've lost along the way, but also of the lessons that I've learned and that have made me a better person.

All in all, this has been the most intense year in the past 10 years.


Placing runner up to 1st place, I have been qualified to compete an National level in 2013.

In the same way one does financial planning or has a job's weekly, monthly, yearly goals to achieve, I have come to the conclusion that I have to approach this the same way. To my surprise, I've discovered a great passion for the lifestyle that involves bodybuilding as opposed to just being a seasonal warrior.

Not only my body benefits from this practice (as I've come to notice that I am at my healthiest and optimum performance level  during on-season), my mind and my spirit have also found something worth striving for and that, along with all its struggles, makes me a better version of myself.

You know if you are looking at the picture right now and thinking "Good for her, although I could never do this myself, or I am not built that way, or I have bad genes, slow metabolism, bla, bla, etc, etc" I want you to know that I was you one day, until the day that I decided to do my best, one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time, one year at a time, and so 3 years went by, but I got what I wanted and more.

What now?

I wish I could tell you I am famous, and I can start eating junk without suffering the consequences and that I have a bunch of money and trips lined up for me to enjoy.... hahahaha

In fact what I will be working on is in picking up some of the pieces of my life that got broken along the way and continue to build up upon some of the strong pilars that I've managed to build.

Here are some of my personal goals.... and I am writing them as much to share as for myself as a statement and a reminder of what is important in my life right now.

WORK RELATED:
1.- Weekly consistent updates on both my fitness and my art blogs and practice meaningful sharing
2.- Successfully develop and implement monthly projects in both my fitness and art businesses that will enable me to connect with other industry professionals and benefit more people from my work.
3.- Generate income through both my fintess and art businesses.
4.- Within a year, be able to develop a considerable amount of measurable results.
5.- Continue to develop myself as a health and fitness professional through education.

FITNESS RELATED
1.- Consistency in both my nutrition and training.
2.- Progressive and maximum hypertrophy and strength gains.
3.- Successful achievement of weight and body composition off-season goals.

PERSONAL GOALS:
1.- Learn to be more honest with myself.
2.- Do not pass out on social invitations and reconnect with the human kind in every opportunity I can get.
3.- Speak more often with my family.
4.- Spend more quality time with my husband and my pets.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts