JUDGEMENT DAY

I should start by saying that I am an artist, turned fitness competitor, turned personal trainer, turned fitness competitor again, while trying to be an artist and I actually don't know what I am anymore nor who I am sometimes.

Since I am constantly feeling confused, I have opted to start listening to my gut instead of everything and everyone around me and connect with what I truly want to do with my life.

To begin with, I have a purpose for 2013 of becoming a more productive artist, so you will often see me mix 2 big passions of mine, narrating my fitness journey and art. And so, I hereby present you with the first issue of the narratives/adventures/mis-happens/chronicles of an artist turned fitness athlete.

(mis) ADVENTURES IN FITNESSLAND
ISSUE NO.1 by Ale Diaz
"JUDGEMENT DAY" 

Do you remember sometime in 2012 hearing about a baby pig that fell of a pig truck on the QEW?




 (If you didn't don't worry there is a happy ending to the story, as the pig was saved by a kind man who bravely stopped and took him to the humane society, where little piggy had no shortage of adoptive suitors... plus he was saved from turning into bacon)

Going back to the pig... I can honestly say that falling off the fitness lifestyle wagon can feel like you are a pig who fell of a truck and hit the concrete at 120 mph in your ego. Been there, done that and not happy about it.

I bet this has happened to you any of you who compete in fitness at some point or another. For quite a while after your fitness competition, you are this super hot body walking around like you just stepped out of an Oxygen/Men's Health magazine.




And the next thing you know....







YEP, and you know you are in trouble, hell I easily know I am in trouble when I find my boobs. Truth is, it might seem like this happens overnight, but it doesn't. It is a sneaky happening though, and it goes something like this:
 



And you eat it, and nothing happens.



And you eat it too and still nothing happens... in fact life is pretty sweet and yes you feel like you can have it all, the hot body and the junk, with no consequences. Life is sweet, life is good.


Life continues to be perfect for a bit, because all of your old friends you thought you had forgotten about start reappearing, and they all want you as bad as you want them.

So one day when you take a good look in that mirror... it might be too late...

This past 2 weeks, some nightmares have kept me awake. For example, I see my coach ripping my head off...




...or giving me "the final judgement".

And while everyone else sleeps in the house peacefully, I have, for the most part, to deal with my own fears alone.



Now, the judgement day has come and tomorrow assessment pictures are due. I have said it before and I will say it again, I have the perfect coach not only because I look up to him, admire his work, and trust his process completely, but also because I FEAR HIM.

It is a mix of respect and fear, a funny thing, but nonetheless a powerful fuel for this contest prep.

Tomorrow..... JUDGEMENT DAY.

Comments

Popular Posts