Silent battles

Today, everything was pointing in the direction of not getting my workout done.

* My work shift went for longer than expected.
*I did not get the chance to squeeze my workout in the morning where I am at my best.
* It was past 4pm (which is a deadline for my daily efficiency).
*It was my most dreaded workout day: QUADS
*I wasn't wearing proper pants for squatting
*The weather was shitty.
* etc, etc, etc


Not working out is not an option anymore. Not because I want to compete next year. Not because I will not let pass any opportunity to generate a micrometer of muscle growth. Not because it helps me burn calories and tone my body.

The reason today is much deeper than that. It is about relieving anxiety, it is about feeling empowered, it is about endorphins and how much healthier and happier I actually feel after I work out.

It is about a personal commitment I made to myself, a commitment that no one else cares about, a commitment that is in no one's priority and therefore throughout the day and ultimately no one cares if I did my workout or not (except my husband who gets a less bitchy wife)

If I do not care about making myself, my life, my health, my goals my priority, there is no one else to take a stand for me.

So I took  a stand for myself today and won a silent battle.

Comments

Popular Posts