PURGATORY


Once upon a time there was a girl that started competing and as she discovered herself she logged all her experiences in a blog to share with others. Even though that girl meant well, she was still a little naive about the world and didn't fully grasp yet the power of words.

Once she saw consequences of her own words and those of others, it caused a big enough shock that she hasn't written in a long time.

SADLY I must confess I have become incredibly cautious and self conscious about what I share in social media. And what I actually share has gone through at least 3 revisions and personal filters already. There is no such thing as raw material coming out of me anymore. SADLY because being an artist is about the raw emotion that creates. I do not think I am capable of that at this moment.

In the past year I have seen the right information fall in the wrong hands and destroy people, I have seen the wrong information land in the right hands and create an incredible transformation.

How is this possible?

Whether online or face to face, people act like they have their act together, which make others stress about not having their act together. Those who seem to do have their act together are actually working so hard at faking it till they are making it, and those who are actually making things happen are hidden gems that you can only meet in person once in a blue moon and in real life, if you are lucky enough.

What is that drive, that need to constantly self disclose?

STATUS: Enjoying some me time with my skinny latte.
STATUS: My biggest pet peeve is people who stare.
STATUS: OMG I can't believe that just happened in Game of Thrones!
STATUS: Killing chest day.
STATUS: I am taking a dump and I want to share it with the whole world.

SOCIAL MEDIA I swear is The Purgatory, where all of us are forever waiting to be judged. In that world we will either be loved and shared by many (sometimes in a manner similar to whoring) or torn apart, devalued or even worse: IGNORED.

So if you got 5 likes in an hour you should start thinking about committing social media suicide. How about closing my Facebook account today?

We live in a world where the reality of right and wrong is severely distorted by personal perception. Yes, the reality of the real world is already distorted, so take an already distorted reality into virtual reality and what you get is Fruit LOOPS (if that even makes sense)! No wonder I can't even distinguish opinions from facts anymore!

It is all so confusing!

To share or not to share, that is my question my friends. I must have like 8 unpublished posts, all a click away from being shared and yet there is something that has stopped me every time I am about to hit the SHARE button.

Is my coach going to be mad?
Is my husband going to feel left out?
Is my mom going to worry about me and try calling me 5 times during my work shift?
Is my boss going to want to talk to me?
Is this political suicide?

For those who know and have feared the beginning of the New World Order, well I think we are already in it, it's name is WWW, where Big Brother is watching and making sure we waste valuable intellect in worrying too much about our social media drama.

To post or not to post, to share or not to share....







Comments

Popular Posts