What does Alex eat?

DISCLAIMER: Alex is not a registered dietician and the following information is not meant to be taken as a diet. Alex will not be hold accountable for the misuse of the following information. Your discretion is adviced.


One of the juiciest pieces of advice I have heard is that you should listen to people that have what you want, be it the job, the money, the body, the lifestyle.

I wanted to share an activity that I often do with my clients to help them understand their food and be accountable to their own plans. I ask them to do a 4 day food journal including one or 2 days of the weekend.

Here is what 5 out of 7 days a week look like for me currently. Please note my plan has been mathematically calculated for my personal needs and it is 100% personalized to my nutritional preferences and tolerances.

At the end of my description I will include some general guidelines that can help you restructure your personal nutrition as well.


MEAL 1: 8am
- small coffee 1 cream, 1 sweetener
- Protein pancake: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup egg whites
- USANA Health Pack (Mega-Antioxidant, Multimineral Plus, Active Calcium Plus, AO Booster, Biomega Fish Oil)



MEAL 2: 11am
- Palm size of chicken
- About 1/2 cup of boiled broccoli



MEAL 3: 2pm
- About palm size of fish
- About 1/2 cup of boiled broccoli


MEAL 4: 5pm
- Protein pancake: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup egg whites
- Instant coffee with 1/2 cup of almond milk



MEAL 5: 8:30pm
- About 1/2 cup of extra lean ground beef
- 1 sweet potato
- Large green salad, 1 tbsp of dressing and 1tbsp of dried cranberries or a fistfull of berries
- USANA Health Pack (Mega-Antioxidant, Multimineral Plus, Active Calcium Plus, AO Booster, Biomega Fish Oil)



MEAL 6: 9pm
- Berry sorbet (1 cup of mixed frozen berries, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, 1/3 -1/2 cup of water)



Although I am pretty good and don't mind eating the same thing everyday I use mathematical calculations to make some substitutions and keep it exciting, for example I would subsitute the ground beef for salmon once in a while, or the sweet potatoes for a serving of pasta.

Ultimately the body breaks down the food into protein, fats and carbs (MACROS) and understanding your personal numbers gives you an understanding of how food affects your body over time.

Very often the recommendations I give my clients go along the lines of a choice of 4 of the 6 meals as described above but be careful not to eat things that you have identified you are intolerant to or cause some sort of discomfort.

I hope for anyone taking on nutrition as a goal for February will find this useful.

If you have any inquiries regarding a personalized meal plan that fits your lifestyle and goals, whether they be strength, muscle development or body transformation, please contact Omar Arvizu my husband and food coach at ogarvizu@gmail.com

For any inquiries regarding USANA Health Sciences forward your request to me at: alediazme@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts