Super Heroes Weren't Always Cool

Captain America's Before and After

It is close to two months now since I have embarked myself in the journey towards achieving a Figure Competitor Body. I am past the point of no return.

Something came across my journey that most people avoid during contest preparation. A trip to my country of origin Mexico City: the mecca of the original taco. Whether it is on the busy streets or at high culinary houses, the mexican culture is known for its daring dishes and spicy flavors.

Just thinking about them makes my mouth water!

But today's story is not about the challenges and downfalls I faced on my contest prep while I was down there. Today's story is about what makes the chosen Captain America so special.

But, what does he have to do with all of this?

Well first of all, in the perfect world we could all jump into a machine and get ripped, just like he did! But, what about the "earning" process. If we were to skip that whole journey, maybe we would be missing the whole point of having the perfect body...

The thing is, now that my body is actually visibly changing, a lot of people are quick to judge on how this whole process is and has been easy for me. They claim that I have always been somewhat fit and into fitness, so it really doesn't take that much effort on my part to continue with it.

Whenever I share my journey in hopes of inspiring others and opening this possibility in their lives, they reply: "Good for you!"

The moment I hear this comment I feel sort of defeated in the purpose of my communication.

When you see a very fit person, maybe you should ask them what their journey has been like. I bet you 99% of them weren't born with that body, and more importantly, they know what it takes to be like that. Both physically and mentally.

Personally, this whole process has been about a year and a half in the making, and not an easy one!

Second point I'd like to share: there is a difference between the ones who have always had "something" (because yes maybe there is that 1% of the population born with amazing genes), and the ones who have achieved through hard work the "something" that they didn't have before and wanted. The difference is the later knows the value of the "something" and will understand all of those who don't have it yet for themselves and treasure the power that comes with it.

Couldn't have summed it up better than with a quote told to the heroe-to-be Captain America:

"This is why you were chosen. Because a strong man, who has known power all his life, will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength. And knows compassion."

I will continue to share my journey in hopes of creating the possibility for others to see how amazing of a transformation they can achieve if they were to give their 100%. This is my objective whenever I share my story.

My journey is still is the making and pictures speak volume in transformation journeys. I have chosen the sharing of it as part of my transformation journey and whatever comes out of it as well. Here are some pictures:


Funny how I have even started smiling as the pictures progress!

Keep yourself posted, for next time I will share with you the story of my first transformation. You will not believe my before and after pictures!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts