HINDSIGHT, INSIGHT AND FORESIGHT

What I do and who I am lately tends to bring both the best and the worst in others. My insight in such matter is that what and who we like or dislike is a mirror of ourselves. It shows us something about our inner self. If we didn't see any relationship to us, for that matter, we would completely overlook such person or item. How many people walk past you in a day unnoticed, for example?

HINDSIGHT

Even though I continuously tell my clients and my friends that I used to be no different than them, in my struggles with weight, in my downfalls and in my hatred for the gym and eating responsibly (yes you heard right), because of what they see today, they do not believe me.

I know why, it is truly because I am a completely different person. Honestly, I have been breaking my head to figure out what has so fundamentally changed in me and why is it that my friends and clients look at me like I am an alien.

This past week, to help me in my search I happened to talk to 2 people that met me 3 and a half years ago when I was my past self and asked them how they perceived me when they met me.

Not to my surprise they mentioned the words: weird,  insecure, sad, angry, nervous, but incredibly caring.

As I time travel to the past, 3 years ago you would never hear me say "I love myself, who I am, what I feel in my skin as I go through my day".  I wouldn't even say "I like my body" however I wouldn't give it too much meaning either.

I used to want to fit in so bad and be liked by people, that I would put them before myself. I would work very hard at pleasing others, which of course ended up in some damaging relationships and circumstances.

I used to want to be fit, but if I came across a pizza or a cookie I would eat it, because it was instantly satisfying. Then I would say, I will get back at it tomorrow.

INSIGHT

Today I came across a key INSIGHT. I think the fundamental change that happened in me came out of  the amount of self love I have for myself. I found a huge discrepancy between the amount of 3 years ago to the amount I feel today.

Today I have caught myself saying I LOVE ME, I friking love my body that I have so intently worked on for 3 years to construct. In loving myself I also respect how others chose to express their own self love and what they want for their bodies, i.e. skinny, vegetarian, crossfitter, yogi, etc

What I do and who I am does not need to be approved by anyone else other than me. Therefore the people who love and like me for who I am tend to resonate with my values and become a powerful, beautiful and enabling source in my life. When this happens, we all feed off each others' energy and pull together towards our goals. It is so much more exciting when the journey is not traveled alone :)


My self respect is so high that when I get offered some type of food that I have chosen not to eat, because it is not in accordance with my fitness goal, I will gladly turn down the offer, without any inner harsh feelings of "missing out". I respect myself so much that I will not cheat my meal or workout plans. PERIOD. I believe this is a mater of SELF RESPECT.

When people tell me others make them upset and they go and binge, in my humble opinion it is a double punch in the gut to yourself. First you already let someone make you mad ( which creates a bunch of damaging chemical responses in your body) and second you go and disrespect your body and your goals by eating an incredible amount of junk food. I am sorry but how does this make sense?

FORESIGHT.

I have shared bits and pieces of this major INSIGHT in the past and sadly received a response as "well not everybody is as lucky as you". This response typically comes from people going through rough times and I am very understanding of this. It is very easy to write this post coming from a good place. But next time life throws me a curve ball I will make sure I also continue to write and see who I am then. This is my personal challenge.

You can think whatever you want. If you are in a good time of your life you will likely LIKE this post. If you are struggling with something you will likely DISLIKE this post in some way.

FACT IS: I am not who I am today by luck, I am who I am today BY CHOICE, and by choice is that I have clawed my way up a dark hole into a mountain over the past 4 years of my life after hitting rock bottom.

Hope this post helps some of the people closest to me understand that "thing" you see in me, which inspires you or annoys you at times and that you are trying to figure out inside of you as well.

Comments

Popular Posts