26 days: This is raw material!

Oh yes, I've seen those looks people give me at the gym...

In comparison to my previous show, I have not told a lot of people that I am going to compete. I tried that the past show at about 10 weeks to the show, when my weight loss was pretty obvious and people had started inquiring about my health, I let everybody know that I was competing. The end result: having a club of fans and also having a club of haters... always happens... makes things exciting I guess.

This time around, only those who ask me, only those who are close know that I am competing, as far as the rest... well, let's just say I get those looks:

1.- LOOK NUMERO 1 says: "OMG, she is totally obsessed, I see her like what 4 hrs in the gym every day! Poor girl, must have nothing better to do"

2.- LOOK NUMERO 2 says: "I HATE her, I am so envious, oh there she goes, dammit, she took the machine I was going to use!"

3.- LOOK NUMERO 3 says: "WOW, she is so inspiring, seeing her makes me want to work harder"

HAHAHA. people seriously, your face tells me all :)

Anyways, quite interesting to see people's reactions when you venture into breaking schemes. I think it really makes people uncomfortable when they see something that is "beyond normal". I guess it is in human nature to be either scared or marveled at something that just doesn't fit the mold.

Yes sometimes those looks get to me, and sometimes not, I am human. I also feel sad, hurt, supported or hated. I feel it, but for the most part, I either ignore it or  smile at them. Who know what is their story, maybe they are just having a sucky day, or maybe they have had a bad year and the last thing the need is someone like me to walk by to remind them of a past failure. Maybe their dog died that morning.... you never know, I never know so for the most part I try not to judge...

You are going to laugh, but when I get evil or envious looks, I imagine that I have a super power and whenever any negative energy is thrown my way, I absorb it and it just makes me more powerful in a good way, gives me more energy to push through my own hard times :)

Whatever works right.... maybe I am going crazy... I am very hungry right now and I feel more tired than usual. This makes me really frustrated...but whenever I am feeling angry I just go in front of the mirror and flash myself with my 6 pack that just popped out last week and smile to myself. Yes it just gets better from here and until the day of the show...

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts