27 days and counting...

Countdown: 27 days to Provincials.

This contest prep to Provincials has been different to me in many ways.

First of all, it is pretty obvious that I haven't been documenting the journey.

Second, and in difference to the first journey where I completely re-arranged my life to make my preparation a priority, this time around there have been other situations which I have not been able to re-arrange and that have required my attention as well. However, I should say, I have not let anything come between my commitment to compete, therefore my training quotas for the day have been meet at a 100%, NO EXCUSES!

Third, the changes in my body have not been as obvious as on the previous contest prep, where every single day a new muscle popped out, every single day my body looked like it had never ever looked before. This process of discovery brought an incredible wonder and a feeling of a high. This time around, such a rush has been replaced with a less intense feeling, but nonetheless still powerful: CONFIDENCE and HAPPINESS of having a body that I love and that feels healthy and that goes with me wherever I go.

Fourth, this journey seems lonely in comparison to the previous one. For my May 5th show, I had 2 important people going through a similar journey of their own and we often shared in our joys and miseries, jokes and discouragements together. This time around, my cellphone has been quiet, my Facebook seems dormant and there are no other footsteps close to mine.

On the other hand, I am very thankful for my special friend that has taken on in joining me during these last weeks of contest prep. I am thankful that what I am doing still serves the purpose of inspiring those that I care for into taking on healthy challenges for themselves.

As where most of the people have decided to put off a little longer their  fitness goals during this amazing summer months in exchange for social events and a little bit of happiness and escape from routine, I must confess I do feel somewhat left behind.... and even a little bitter.

But I do not regret this contest prep at all! Yes it has not been easy, but I chose to do it and I would not have chosen otherwise.

I am also glad that it is appearing as a different experience that is allowing me to get to know myself, those around me and those who are directly involved in my preparation in a different way. Because it is not who we are when everything is perfect that makes us great. It is who we are and what we do with rough times that makes us great.

After all, no big movie was ever made of a happy and boring life.

Comments

Popular Posts