Day 3 and 4: Sand Castles and Recipes

Today I have two recipes for you. A recipe for success and a recipe for failure.

Recipe for SUCCESS

Omar and I got invited to a "sand castle" competition in Sauble Beach which is about a 3 hour drive from our location. This was definitely going to be a full day journey.

I am lucky in the sense that I have Omar's full support in this commitment I have taken. Due to his passion for fitness and cooking, I rely on him (and sometimes, I must confess, abuse his kindness) in having very delicious, measured and healthy meals prepared for my day.

He had stayed up the previous night and prepared everything for our journey, at least enough to get us through until 4pm at which point we would figure out our next meals.
Recipe: planning your meals ahead of time will help you stay in track with your plan . Whether it is cooking a full stock on Sundays or taking 1 hour of preparation the previous night, where you can divide your portions and have your lunch box ready for the day, is a necessary measure you should seriously consider including in your routine.

Recipe for FAILURE

The "sand castle" we built was actually a great success taking us to 2nd place!



On the other hand by 4pm I was exhausted, burnt, dehydrated and experiencing all kinds of back cramps. I was actually craving protein and water, and by protein I mean something solid that used to have a face: chicken, beef, ground meat.

"Awesome! My body is on track craving the right things. I am on the right track, yay!" I thought

However there was no source of protein or water readily available and I made the mistake of eating 2 rice cakes and a calorie free sweet drink. That, my friends, was the beginning of the end, that was the unleashing of hell hounds, of hungry vampires, of deprived zombies, oh well how else can I explain it. Here is a little drawn sequence for you...




Recipe for failure and disaster: Running out of food and being stuck in a place or situation where you are mentally and physically exhausted, and there is no healthy sources of protein and/or greens readily available and where everyone else around you is enjoying all sorts of colorful junk food.

Lesson learned: what are the structures and small daily disciplines that I need to implement so that I do not run into failure.

Comments

  1. FOR EVERYONE:
    Recipe for success: You fall of the wagon in a small portion and you wait at least 2 hours and get back on track the next meal as if it never happened.
    Recipe for failure: You say, "screw this, I'll go back at it on Monday" and you loose ALL the work you've done before.
    Every time you cheat out of your norm and you know you don't get the results you expected that week ALL the work, time and money you invested the previous week is gone. So manage your budget in a smart way and don't dump your investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say you LOOK FANTASTIC. So you fell off the wagon that's ok it's bound to happen on the weekend of course. I agree with everything that Omar says. Now I just have to follow what you both say lol.
    Sand castle looks awesome.
    P.S. I told Lance I was going to steal and marry Omar as my personal chef. I need to teach Lance the ways haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!!!!! Well, it might just work, my personal chef has submitted his resignation so that I can value my nutrition more... will post in regards to this in an upcoming day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I love the castle...You did an awesome job!!...You are a fantastic Sand Sculpture Artist as well as a Fantastic Body Sculpturist!! haha
    Love the blogs and cartoon feature's....it's definitely helping me to get to a point where my perfect eating days are coming around again!!! YAY!!
    Feeling good today...& will be planning ahead for tomorrow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that Chrissy :)! You are doing awesome and your level of performance is very high, you should be proud of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts