Day 1: The Ice Breaker

Hola!

I would like to thank you, and you know who, of my clients that keep asking if I have started this "journey blog" and therefore hold me accountable to my word.

Like you might have heard me say before, I actually find it super tough to stick to a workout and meal plan if I do not have a purpose for it. Trust me for me "looking good" or "fitting into my clothes" or "weighting x amount of pounds" just doesn't cut it for me. I honestly tried for years and it never got me anywhere.

However, there were some moments in my past that have motivated me to dare to take on high commitments to get me where I wanted to be. Here are some of them:

1.- Belonging to a varsity volleyball team (made me train 2 hours a day during my teens). By that time I wasn't even worrying about my looks or my weight, the most important thing was my performance, being able to jump higher, hit the ball harder, move faster.

This story has a good ending: I actually hold gold medal for 1st place high school nationals in Mexico.

2.- Trying to impress my boyfriend (now husband). Since we were in a long distance relationship, I decided that I was going to dedicate one whole summer to losing all my teenage fat and finally after 4 months of being apart, give him the big surprise (especially because he kept saying that I was not going to do it). Weight lose of approximate 30 lbs. in 4 months.

This story also has a good ending: I guess you can say that because I am married to him :)

3.- Signing up for a fitness modeling show, where I had to stand half naked (bikini) in front of an auditorium of people. There is no other choice but to look good, right? Literally you are being judged for your body.

This story has a good and a bad and no ending yet: The good is that this is the reason that I have come to meet you and join you in your fitness journey, it gave me a purpose. This show is also the reason that I am not depressed and overweight as of this day, the weight loss was an approximate of 35 lbs in 3 months. The bad is that my appearance on the show was a mess and I ended up placing at the bottom of the group. And the reason it hasn't ended yet is because I have decided I will compete again.

4.- Choosing to commit to inspire others. If I keep telling people to get on board with their nutrition, am I not a hypocrite if I keep indulging in decadent hotcakes and bacon, or sinful cupcakes, cakes or sushi buffets.

So I present to you here my work in progress:

a) A blog where I have to post every day
b) A fitness and nutrition plan I have to consciously decide to follow
c) A "body work in progress"
d) Any life that I can change by sharing my journey

Let us count this as day 1!

Comments

  1. Love it. I am cheering you on all the way as i know you can do it. Your my inspiration. I am here to listen to you complain about things because i know it will be tough at times. You can do it my amigo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts