Letter to myself

This week, I have spoken to various women who are currently experiencing difficulties, frustration and confusion in their fitness journey. All of you who had the chance to speak with me, think that you are the only ones in this "low" state of mind.

I just want to tell you that you are not alone.

Last week as I came across the blog of a couple of courageous women who have invested themselves on an extreme transformation journey, I also came across an awesome proposal.

So for this weekend, to all of you who are struggling, I want to invite you to check out "Fat Asses to Fit Bitches" blog (love the courageous name by the way) and participate in their exercise "A Letter to Myself". Check you the full proposal here Letter to Myself

Here is my letter to myself:

Dear Alex,

In 2010 you were overweight, depressed and without a job and I want to thank you for that. I know that was a very dark place and is an experience you would never wish on anyone and certainly do not want to live through again, but I am thankful that you let yourself live, feel and hit rock bottom hard, because if you had not done so I would not be where I am today.

I am thankful to you that even if you didn't believe in yourself at that time, in your last moment of darkness and frustration you decided to believe in someone else, that special person that thought you were beautiful enough and deserving enough to jump on stage and rock a bikini fitness show. I am thankful that you let this person come into your life and you decided to trust her. Since you had lost everything, even control of your own life, you had nothing else to lose. I appreciate that you let someone else take control for once and stopped trying so hard to make things work on your own.

I love you for the fact that even though every single day you felt like a train had run you over, you still got out of bed and put your butt on the elliptical on an empty stomach. Remember how horrible you felt about that?

Thank you for experiencing that darkness, because today it allows me to understand whenever someone approaches me in the dark and I am able to understand and help them. Thank you for walking through that darkness, because it allows me to appreciate how much I am surrounded by light today and not take it by grated.

Thanks to you I have been a catalyst agent in the beautiful transformation of at least 3 people and have access to many more that I know can help, because since I walked through the darkness and made it through, I am not afraid to meet them in their own place of darkness.

You used to be scared of people. You used to shut yourself down by saying you didn't care what happened to them. I want to thank you for letting go of that because I have come to realize that the more vulnerable and exposed I am, the more I fully live this life.

Thank you and love you.

---------------------------

Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts