Levels of Belief, PART I (for the looks)

Today, I would like you to ask yourselves the following questions:

NUMBER 1: Do you BELIEVE you can look like this?
NUMBER 2: Do you WANT to look like this?


Based on your answers I would like to propose 4 different scenarios as follows.

FIRST CASE SCENARIO: YES/YES

If you answered YES to both of the above, I would like to congratulate you, since acknowledging that you can look like this and wanting to look like this is probably the first two steps to actually looking like this (and I should say the first two steps of a lot of steps in the journey towards looking like this).

What are you waiting for?

SECOND AND THIRD CASE SCENARIO: NO/NO, YES/NO

So you don't believe you can look like this (or you do) but you don't care about looking like this. Perfect, I would like to congratulate you too! By eliminating the options we don't want in our life, we get one step closer to finding the ones we like.

I invite you to read "Levels of Belief, PART II" and see if there is anything in there that peeks your interest.

FOURTH CASE SCENARIO: NO/YES

"No I don't believe I can look like this but I would murder to look like this!"

I would like you to take a moment to consider the possibility that the only difference between the person in the picture and yourself is the fact that this person BELIEVED that she could look like this and you DON'T BELIEVE you can look like this.

Now, take another moment before you continue reading to be honest with yourself and ask why you don't believe you can look like this.

*Is it because you don't believe it is physically possible for you? because you have bad genes in your family? because all your family is overweight? because you think it will take years? because you have never ever seen your abs, not even when you were 15?
*Is it because you are a mom and you don't have the time?
*Is it because you work too much and you don't have the time?
*Is it because you don't know how to?
*Is it because you can't afford a fitness and nutrition professional?
*Are you afraid of both the time and energy commitment it would take of you to look like this?

I really want you to look deep down and find the source of your disbelief.

The moment you can clearly pin point the true source of your disbelief, you can start doing something about it.

Day after day I see highly motivated women come and go at the facility I work at. I see them sweating their bums off on the treadmills, ellipticals and stairmasters. I see them workout for 2 hours and suffer through weeks and weeks of low carb diets, only to end up 6 months down the road with no significant changes to their bodies. Not only this, by that time they are either burnt out to the point that I simply don't see them anymore, or they are still working out, but they have given up on their goals by convincing themselves and anyone who tries to help them, that its just not possible for them to lose weight.

Finding the source of your disbelief can save you another 6 months, or another year or two of pain of not having the body you want.

Once you are able to face and name the source of your disbelief, you are also able to let someone else, and likely someone with more knowledge provide you with a possible solution.

Consider also that we walk around thinking that we know what is best for our bodies, because we have read thousands of magazine articles on diet and exercise, we have read books and watched famous Dr. Know-It-Alls on TV. Why is it then that none of this seems to be working. Why is it that fit people seem from another world? How did they get that body? They must be on drugs or something?

Well, plain and simple, we don't know it all and sometimes we are too damn self centered to take advice or even ask advice from a professional in the field.

Both as a personal trainer and blog writer I have chosen to take a stand for all of you who would love to look like this. I truly believe that you can have the body you want and you don't have to wait more than a year for it.

I believe for you, even if you don't believe yet, because I used to be YOU.

Even though I have proven by example and action, that the moment I committed myself 100% to my fitness and nutrition plan I dropped 10lbs in 3 months, some people still do not believe when I say they can do it. Sometimes I am not believed because I am young or because I haven't had kids, so women that fall into these categories are quick to judge that it has been easier for me than it could be for them.

I hear and respect your opinion on the matter and for that reason I will invite a couple of people that fall into these categories to share their story with all of us.

While I put together this special interviews and stories for you, if you are on Facebook, I would like to invite you to check out this link. It is a section where you will find amazing transformations from women all ages, all sizes and all body types. I hope this helps rise your level of belief that you too can achieve your goals sooner than what you can imagine.

Click on the image to visit the site.


Happy weekend weightlifting!

Comments

  1. Wow, great blog post Ale! I wasn't even aware you had a blog, but I'm glad you do.

    I looked at all of those before/after photos, really insane transformations. omg.

    Your defiantly right. All it takes is believing in yourself. Not just for a moment but everyday, every hour of the day and even when you feel you don't believe it any more, you have to keep believing.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Allison!!! Thanks so much for checking that out :) Pretty neat eh?

      I just looked at your blog too and I know who I am going to comission my post-competition treat to, you are HIRED! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts