Advantages of Being Young and Stupid (12 weeks to Nationals)

What we think we know will prevent us from growth. It is often those who see themselves as stupid, or as not having enough knowledge that will walk the un-walked roads seeking knowledge, and open a new path for others to follow. I call them pioneers.





Some people believe we have lived many lives on this Earth already, and at the moment we are born the shock to our spirit is, and should be, intense enough to erase any memory of our previous lives. It is believed that if we were to remember some or all details of our past lives, we would be so occupied with regret that we wouldn't have the chance at fixing some of the mistakes that we made in previous lives.

This is how we are given a clean slate, an empty canvas, a 2nd, 3rd, 23rd, 47th chance at making things right, living life right, fulfilling our true mission.

And so, during our early years on this planet, we are blessed with limitless imaginations, endless energy and also with a fearless desire to explore and conquer this world.

As youngsters go out and about mindlessly spending this resources, adults, who are more experienced and mindful of the dangers often involved in thoughtless action, keep a watchful eye for them, just while they outgrow their young years, those years of being young and stupid.

Being young and stupid can also be called being naive. Due to circumstances of my upbringing, I happened to carry on naiveness a little longer than most people my age. It wasn't the sort of naiveness that gets you into dangerous situations, or drugs or life/death situations. It was the sort of naiveness related to innocence, to trusting people, to believing anything in this world could be possible, believing that magic existed.

As much as I don't like to admit it, this extended silly naiveness resulted in very awkward situations during my late teens and early twenties. For example, boys would often avoid dating me because I was "weird", my friends avoided taking me to night clubs because I acted "weird" and I didn't know how to chill and have fun in those places.

Anyways, I could get into more detail and account more awkwardness from me growing up but I wont as it could get boring...

I just want to say that I think I finally found a purpose for being this kind of young and stupid. For example I would not be living in Canada right now, had I not been stupid enough to believe it was possible, against all odds. Same goes for my husband, by the way.

This past weekend, both of us spent a full hour accounting our worst, most awkward, most painful, ugly and uncomfortable hardships that we have had to endure since we arrived to Canada. We smiled and laughed  all the way, but there were moments where our face with twitch out a painful or humiliating memory, loss or defeat, or even a mistreatment that we endured from others... just because we didn't know better, just because we were naive and trustful, young and stupid.

But, as both him and me concluded accounting for our adventures and the unlikely events that have led us to where we stand today, we did not regret a single event or person that we met. In fact, with all the pain, hardships and humiliation included, we would choose to do it all over again...

Doing it all over again and knowing what we know now, however, would change the course of history, as we would go about more cautiously as to who we trusted, what choices we made, and where we played our dice. This would very likely result in a completely different present day.

I would probably have chosen a safer job and today be sitting at a desk for 9 hours + a day, and I would likely have missed out on meeting the most important people in my life that I have met during the past 2 years, that have literally saved my life!

 I would also likely have chosen not to compete as I would know how the bad days felt and thought that it was not worth putting my mind and my body through such hardships, thinking it UNNECESSARY, and then I would have come to miss out on the life experience of walking in a body that I never thought I could have, and that apart from looking like the body of an oxygen magazine model, is actually pretty healthy and vital!

This blog would probably do not exist as I would come to regard honesty and sharing as an unnecessary risk of exposing who I truly am, fearing that someone, at some point, could hold something against me and really damage me.

I would probably be living a boring safe life.

CONCLUSION my friends, being naive will take you to places you have never been before and will make you do things you never thought you could. Being naive means you are stupid and fearless enough to take on unreasonable challenges, as you have no way of knowing the outcome of your choices, the end of the story.

Being naive is dangerous, but WORTH IT.

I guess what I am trying to say today is: stay young and stupid, as you don't know what you don't know.

Comments

Popular Posts