13 and 12: time to get SELFISH

A lot of people have idolized me lately. Some actually think that I popped out of my mother's belly with a 6 pack.

 It is so much easier to set a distance between oneself and an outstanding goal, that face the hard work, dedication and commitment that it actually takes to make things happen in one's life.

Some people are not going to understand this and they might think I am a conceited and selfish person. I already got people commenting on my "lack of smiling" at the gym, while I work out.... really people????

I find it most annoying when a middle aged man approaches me and says you are so beautiful, you should smile more often.... yeah... those middle aged men... they think they are so smart with their comment and they think some women are there to please their sight while they "workout"....( huge pet peeve of mine!)

But in truth, only if you have gone through a contest prep and you are committed to bringing your best package on stage, also if you have ever done a high performance sport or event you might have experience this as well. On this final weeks it is of outmost importance for one to keep focused and determined... not because it seems easy on the outside it feels the same on the inside.... energy is a limited resource sometimes.

I feel my patience running very thin these days.... trust me being hungry, tired and sore often will do it to anyone...

I have a commitment to certain people, because it is through me that they have invested in goals of their own... I also have a commitment with my family and with some aspects of my art and fitness businesses, but apart from that it is time to make this ABOUT ME.

For the most part I am a selfless patient and understanding person so I would like to allow myself to be a selfish bitch, from today and until the day of my show. I do not intend to be rude to anyone, but I am not in a position where I can go out of my way to please anyone right now but myself, after 14 weeks of hard work, I OWE this attention to myself and the people who have supported me in this journey.

I hope if anyone encounters me while I am working out without a smile on my face for the next few days will not take it personal (there is always someone that does) if I happened to step on anyone's toes... well I will just have to deal with it or fix it with it after I put some more food in my belly.... that's just the way things are...

Comments

Popular Posts