19 and 18 days to Provincials: IN THE PERFECT WORLD...

Holy Smokes, its going so fast now!

I am not going to lie, I am stressed out and I have some handful on my plate.

In the perfect world I would only be an athlete... since it is actually like a full time job... ok realistically if I add up the hours of work including meal prep time, workout time, extra showers, extra laundry, extra cooking and extra cleaning that needs to be done along with a contest prep... we could get away with calling it a part-time job.

My estimate is 5 hours a day of total contest prep action, split throughout the day obviously... This includes: workout, meal preparation, 45min - 1 hour nap ( very needed trust me), and extras (as in laundry, dishes, kitchen cleaning, whatever needs attention that day)

Anyone who has done one, let me ask you, am I exaggerating or the 4 - 5 hour daily investment seems about right?

In another perfect world, I would only work full time as a personal trainer.

In another different and perfect world, I would only work as an artist.

In some other perfect world, I would only be a housewife and be spending quality time with my in-laws, who happen to be here for a month and possibly be the one and only month they get to spend in Canada in their whole lives.

This is not the perfect world and in this beautifully imperfect world, the 4 perfect worlds that I have described above (athlete, personal trainer, artist and housewife) are happening all at once.

I am not in a position currently where I can completely focus in one or the other. I am trying my best to be my best in these 4 different realms, because based on my past experience if I turn a blind eye to any of those.... it will come to give me a huge bite in the ass a couple of months from now.

In Mexico we have a saying: "Those who answer to two different masters will always let one of them down". This saying is actually a lot better when said in Spanish, because it actually rhymes.

Now, my coach must be worrying right now if he has been reading my blog. I think he has for a bit, because he has seen a different side of me than on my previous contest prep. No worries coach, contest prep is safe...

One thing is for sure. I could never forgive myself if I was to fail at my contest prep. Therefore there is no way that is going to happen...

That being said, I am honestly giving my best effort to succeed in my other 3 realms and crossing my fingers that I can get away with answering to 4 masters. I think I will pull this off.. I have to... there is no other way ...


Comments

  1. Sabemos que tu puedes porque eres una personaje comprometida con todo lo que te propones, solamente queremos decirte que lo tomes como un reto y que vas y superas plenamente pues eres súper especial y todo lo logras !!!! Siempre!!!! Te amamos preciosa!!! Ma y Pa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts