16, 15, 14: ODE to my HUSBAND

 Once upon a time my husband posted on my Facebook wall a message that read like this:

"Loving each other means getting fat together"

I should say that my husband truly knows me and loves me, because there are many truths about this statement that define who we have been and who we are as a couple, especially in reference to our relationship with food. But this weekend came to show me a deeper meaning of the word TOGETHER.

Sometimes I take it for granted, I must admit, but I cannot say it enough: the support of my HUSBAND has been a primary factor in the success of my contest prep. At this moment in my life I am not sure I could do it without him.

But with the goods also come some surprises... Let's just say that I spent 3 days in quite some extreme situations that at 2 weeks out I am not sure I was ready to deal with...

Omar's parents are visiting us from Mexico. They have never before been to Canada and we do not sure if they will ever be back again. An amazing opportunity was presented to us to get Omar's parents to experience the true Canadian cottage life (very thankful to those people who made this possible, clients can be extremely nice to us trainers after we inflict so much pain to them, don't know why, haha).

I was faced with a rough decision of having and wanting to fulfill some family duties. Communication and integrity are key elements in success and of course I spoke to my coach about the situation, since at 2 weeks out, certain trips and certain activities are not advisable, but certainly not impossible.

Precautions and preparations were made accordingly to ensure the continued success of my preparation.

I was excited to get away as well and get some much needed stress relief and rest from any online devices.

We made it there late Friday night and I went straight to bed, dreaming of getting a nice tan on the dock the next morning, having an awesome nature workout and enjoying my meals by the lake. Unfortunately all my plans were met with a rainy day, which got progressively colder.

I will not dwell in all the negative thoughts that crossed my mind. I am only going to say this, my temper, my patience and my outlook in life were constantly challenged over the weekend... it was rough, however I do not regret the experience because after what happened, I was reminded of how much love and support Omar has always been in my life.

No matter how bad the weather was, or the fact that I didn't have access to the gym, I still had a workout schedule to complete. Even though I was missing some key elements, I was in possession of one of the best Trainers in the Oakville area, and I was sure to take advantage of this!

For my quads workout, there were certain rules I needed to follow: intensity of resistance, repetition range and movement range, in order for the workout to be successful. No gym alright, but that didn't stop me and Omar from having an amazing leg workout.

Followed by some quad dominant hill warmup, here are just a few of the exercises we included in our workouts (DISCLAIMER: please do not try this without the supervision of a professional, we are both certified personal trainers)



Quad dominant Hack Squat


 Back Loaded Squat


One Legged Quad Dominant Squat


Thank you my HUSBAND, because:
1.- TOGETHER we get fat, but we also bring out the best of each other to live a healthy, happy life and help inspire and coach others around us.
2.- TOGETHER we live through miserable circumstances, but we do certainly find moments to turn them to our advantage.
3.- TOGETHER we are the push and pull in our relationship that challenge each other constantly to become better persons.

Alone we would fall apart, but TOGETHER we stand strong. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts