Day 22, 21, 20: left behind...

On day 22nd it was a lovely Friday afternoon. I had done my morning cardio, worked with my clients, done my arm workout and got together with a cool group of ladies for a special project: a dance choreography we are putting together for the beginning of October.

I got home and it all went to shit. How it started... well, Omar could not find his passport. When I looked for mine where I usually keep it, I could not find it either.

The reason he needed his passport was to drive down to Buffalo to pick up his parents. As far as I know, no passport = no transit. So the supposedly task of cleaning the house ended up in the complete opposite as we dug through every folder and every paper, and every corner of the house in search for the passports, which we realized hadn't actually seen since February.

I was starting to get stressed out, even though I kept repeating to myself "it's not worth the cortisol raise, it's not worth the cortisol raise..." My stomach started hurting and I wanted to throw up :(

Finally, we didn't find them in the house, cause they weren't there. We had left them in the car!

Anyways.... I am a big believer that the Universe, the Great Architect, the Creative Force (whatever you call It) knows better what is best, than any of us do, so I told Omar to give thanks because in all likelyhood someone or something was watching over us and maybe he wasn't meant to leave so that he could avoid a road accident.

No joke... want to hear something even weirder.... Omar did come across a big road accident involving 8 - 10 cars that had actually happened 1 hour before he reached that section of the highway...... this just gave me the goosebumps..... you never know....

Anyways, the 3 hour passport scare did leave me a little drained. I put a pair of ugly shorts and a random t-shirt and went to walk the dog. As I slowly made my way through the block I couldn't help but notice the amazing weather and all the people being so happy and smiley and ready to go have a nice dinner or party. The streets were full of cheerful activity. I remembered everyone that said they were going away to a cottage, or a party, or a reunion, or a restaurant that night and in all honestly I felt miserable.... here I was left behind again and with 5 hours worth of apartment cleaning.... oh well.

Again, I just need to remind myself of why I chose to compete and prepare over the summer.... precisely to keep myself safe from gaining an amount of weight that could likely result in a self-loathing-dissapointment.

Day 21st........... yes indeed, it took 5 hours to clean the house. Previous to that however I walked down to the lake with Maya (our husky) and spent half an hour on a new found spot on the rocks marveling at the peace, beauty and simplicity of nature. I wish my life to be more like that for 2013....

Later, in-laws arrived. So I am on my best behavior.

Day 20th........ is going so fast. 3 more weeks till I compete. Had great feedback from my coach which made my mood improve. However, its not such a bad thing to have bad mood, because if I happen to go to the gym during a bad mood, well, I just lift the hell out of those weights or sprint the hell out out of those cardio machines. I think people must think I am on steroids or something. No one ever talks to me anymore at the gym, LOL.

My mom-in-law is an amazingly energized woman for her 70's. I am so glad her energy is around because its rubbing off on me. I actually had a productive evening making Voodoo Dolls for my Steam Whistle Breweries Show opening in 5 weeks! EEKkkkk.

OK, just looking for my OFF button now... here it is... be back tomorrow...


Comments

Popular Posts