The Art of Feeling Good

Did you know I am also an artist and illustrator in hopes of one being famous through my art? Yes, this is what I do, in what I call "my other life":

http://www.alediaz.com

Now, let me show you the latest piece of art that I have created. (I haven't painted in like 6 months so let me tell you I am a little rusty)

 Bottle of abundance and Camila

Do you like it? Well, I personally do not think its like any of the pieces of art that you will find on my site, but it sure made me feel good today. 

Let me tell you what this project means and how I did it.

It all started a week ago when I knew that by today I am meant to consume.... well let us say A LOT OF WATER, a lot more than what I have been doing. Last night, me and Omar were watching some old episodes from the Dragon's Den and one lady presented her business to be bottles of water containing molecules affected by her meditation states.

This made me remember that documentary called "What the %!#@ do we know" and some of the studies that have been made on how our energy and mood affects water. It is also related to some of the teachings from "The Secret"

Anyways, I have made a point that my special task during the weekend is to make myself feel the best that I can. I have a window of 3 hours to myself in the morning, while Omar goes to work, where I get to do whatever I want.

Today, I pulled out some blue and pink paper, put some of my favorite music on itunes and decided to meditate upon my water. 

You probably think by now that this is how the effects of all this contest preparation are affecting me and that I have finally lost it. Its cool, I am glad I made you laugh today :) Let me continue... so I place one hand on my water and with the other I kept writing all sorts of words that came to my mind that made me feel powerful, beautiful, successful, abundant, winner, etc.

After I finished I used some matte medium to adhere this to the bottle of water that I will be drinking from all day. PRESTO a piece of art!

Life is about choices. I have come to understand that feeling good every single moment its in truth a choice.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ACCIDENTS HAPPEN?

During this past week I came to witness and know of 2 accidents. These things that happened made my stomach tighten. They did not happen to me, but they happened to a couple of people I care about a lot.

I will juts give you a rundown with no names, just so you know what I am talking about:
1.- I witnessed a person who dropped a 20 lbs dumbell right on their head.
2.- I came to know of someone who shaved the skin of the shins on a jumping incident.

 Unexpected things are part of life.

Let me tell you that the dumbell incident person taught me a lesson. I am not quite sure, even being on my best mindset ever, that I would have taken it the way that person did. That person was SO BRAVE and behaved with such STREGTH and STYLE after this incident happened. Honestly, if this had happened to me, I would probably have immediately ran home to spend the whole day locked up on the bedroom.

I hold her example close to my heart and pray that the day I encounter an incident I am able to keep a cool head and work on feeling good right away instead of seeking hermitage and solitude.

I am not quite sure what the status of the other incident is yet, but I know that that person is awesome and is doing just fine now.

An incident my cause discomfort, anger, frustration, hate, etc, which is all bad energy and bad vibrations. No matter what incident happens, I believe our job has to be to feel as good as we possibly can as fast as we can because similar attracts similar. If we were to dwell longer in the bad vibration and I am sure we all have done it and lived it, we are surely going to proceed through our day attracting all sorts of calamities.

Ok, I know its not easy, but if at least you don't care about feeling good for your own sake, you should be afraid of what calamities feeling bad could bring upon you and your loved ones.

The art of feeling good is a choice. Again, here your creativity is the limit. If you need to go take a shower right now to feel good and better, then do it. If you need to sit down and knit for 2 hours, do it, if you need to eat that little cupcake, then do it (unless you will feel guilty for the rest of the week). If you need to play Angry Birds for 3 hours, then go do it.

Now, I wouldn't mid hearing what you did today to make yourself feel good. Please feel free to share :)

Comments

Popular Posts