Monday, tough day.

Today, I am the villain.

I woke up with anger and frustration inside my chest. It may just be the thought of spending 15 hours at the gym. It may be the thought of those overwhelming 15 hours happening all at once while I was getting dressed up for work.

RUNNING

I do not like running and I personally do not recommend running as a choice of cardiovascular activity. Yes, it is my personal opinion on the matter. If you ask me there is a lot more at risk in the long run for your body than the return you get for your effort.

But today I jumped on a treadmill and ran, driven by that anger and frustration I felt inside my chest.

There is something about running, whether it is on a treadmill, on the road or up hill. I could feel a connection with something primal as I sprinted on the treadmill.

A long time ago, when we belonged in nature, we used to run to catch our food or to escape from predators. I think nowadays, being so out of touch with where we come from, running is so popular because it connects us back to the simplicity of existence, the essence of the hunter/gatherer.

Maybe the rewarding thing about running is getting the feeling that you can escape, that you are moving so fast, or at least faster than usual, fast enough that you can leave your problems behind.

THE END OF THE WORLD WAS NEAR

So I finished my cardio and from 7 - 8 am I worked with one of my clients. 8am one of the bestest times of the day: BREAKFAST TIME! I walked into the kitchen and screamed. I had forgotten my lunch bag on Omar's car.

I walked out and asked two of my co-workers if they would be able to drive me to get my food. Those girls are awesome, they would have not hesitated in driving me, except that they both had clients in 5 minutes. I told them not to worry, but in truth I wanted to curl into a ball and cry in the middle of the office.

I walked into the kitchen and I felt like the world was coming to an end. I imagined myself calling all my clients and cancelling on them, because the thought of no breakfast made me lose all remaining courage instantly.

I called my husband and he didn't reply. This was it, the Apocalypse had begun!

But right before I could take my panic to the next level, my knight in shinning armor called to tell me that he was on his way. Omar saved the day again!

A BRUSH WITH MY PAST LIFE

It was on another life, not so long ago, that I used to be an artist. Some people used to tell me that they loved my art and I had a great talent and that one day I would be a famous painter doing millions. But those people never bought my paintings, making it impossible for me to make a sustainable income. I have not painted for over 6 months.

This past weekend my brother and his girlfriend came to visit me. He had to stop by the art store to purchase a portfolio. I came along with them and like a child on a candy store I was taking it all in: the colors, the materials, the papers, the textures of the canvas, the distinct type of people that shops in this places.

I felt longing and nostalgia. I know that one day it will be the right time for it, not now.

Comments

Popular Posts