Sunday: 3 short stories and 3 remaining weeks

1.- THE COACH

"Feeling more tired and mentally drained?" the COACH asked.

Yes, wow, it is that simple. The whole week I kept trying to figure out how I felt and explain that to everyone, and if you notice my posts I think I got deep into developing my own theory of survival mode.

The COACH knew right away and expected that my experience in my last 4 weeks was going to be slightly different than the crazy rush I have been feeling since October.

The COACH always knows better. I think I still got him slightly confused and gladly impressed by managing to keep a burning fire for so long.

2.- THE GYM

Gyms are funny places.

They are places where some people come to isolate themselves by plugging into their music devices and keeping a low profile. Some others come to socialize and even hook up. After all you can always find good material there.

Gyms are also places where people can relief stresses and frustrations from their lives by pumping heavy iron or by sweating as they pound at various cardio machines, and where some others just come to find more stresses and frustrations when they compare themselves to others or get hurt by doing inadequate exercise techniques.

Gyms are places where you can be a superhero every time you lift heavier, because that makes you feel invincible. But you can also be a villain when you look down others such as small women like me, as if women did not belong in the weight area, leave your sweat on the machine you just used, or not putting your impressive heavy weights back where they belong, getting small people like me to struggle to get it out of the way in order to get our workouts done.

Gyms are places with people from all ages, all body types and many different reasons for coming to the gym.

The GYM is a place where I can isolate myself but also socialize, it is a place where I can relief my frustrations and heal myself from stress, it is a place where I become a super hero every time I break my own records, but I also sometimes behave like a villain. It is a place where I can wear ridiculous bright pink shoes or socks, cut my shirts like a bodybuilder and feel like I am the shit!

This is the Gym for me and more.

Next time you go to the gym, take a second to survey your surroundings. You will be amused by all the stories people tell without saying a word to you.

3.- THE HUSBAND

My partner in crime, my lover, my best friend, my everything. He thinks I don't thank him enough, and to be honest I do not like to be publicizing away on the social network how thankful I am to have found the most amazing man ever! For now, I guess he deserves a little recognition.

I could not most certainly do what I am doing if it weren't for him, the man who has cooked about 80% of my meals with love and effort to make them like gourmet restaurant like pieces of art, bought 100% of my groceries and needed supplements, driven me everywhere I needed to, listened to all my complaining without judgement, supported me in every single one of my whims, had patience with me for the last 8 months and taken all the crap that I save from the day and dump on him at the end of it and for just accepting me for who I am.

This is THE HUSBAND.

~Alex (3 weeks to go)

Comments

  1. I ALWAYS look forward to your posts. You are a woman of incredible strength and I am very happy to know you. Keep strong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts