Daily Update 2: SURVIVAL MODE

I keep feeling an odd sensation of disconnect between my mind and my body and I am confused about this. I am going to try and explain it.

For any of you moms out there, you might be able to recognize this experience. It is similar to when you children were new borns. It is a state where your body is getting every single task efficiently done, whether it is under lack of sleep or not, to attend the needs of your child.

One of my clients with children pointed it out today and suggested to use this method to explain this sensation. I have never had children, but as we exchanged the nature of the sensation we came to the conclusion that it could be similar and helpful in trying to describe it.

Yes my body is doing absolutely everything in the most efficient manner. I keep breaking records on my weight lifting and the physical pain seems only a minor annoyance. Obviously my tolerance to pain has considerably increased in the past months.

But I think I am tired. Simple tasks like speech, focus and spatial awareness seem harder than going through 1 hour of a workout. I keep trying to figure out how tired I am, but it is almost like my mind is quiet and not providing any feedback on the matter. There is no complain, there is no feeling of tiredness, only of automatic efficiency. Automode? Am I really tired? I cannot even find the answer for that right now?

I am confused...

My theory: I have reached a state of SURVIVAL MODE where some of my more primal instincts are driving the forces of my body to do what needs to be done. My mind is quiet and compliant. Its a nice state. It is actually a state of practicality and non-questioning. I like this. I usually over think things. Hey I might actually be doing it right now. Maybe that nap I took helped the mind regain a little bit of its old self.

My workout today was outstanding. Partly due to my training partner Lynn who after being my client and suffer my tortures for 1 year could not pass on the opportunity to watch me go through my own last 3 weeks of torture.

At some point during the workout I was speaking like I was a drunk person. 3 people were around to witness it and got a good laugh out of this. I just remember at that point the body was fully present and the mind was not.

Today I am THE MACHINE

Comments

Popular Posts